Recognising The Symptoms Of Stress
Problem Solving Techniques
Are you feeling stressed and overwhelmed? Many teenagers struggle with stress on a daily basis. Homework, exams, peer pressure, physical and emotional changes, friendship issues, as well as family problems are some common stressors that can burden a teenager. While some stress is normal and even positive, excessive levels of stress can negatively one’s physical, social and emotional well-being. Learning how to cope with stress is thus a crucial part of our daily life. How then, can we develop these important coping skills?
This experiential session aims to increase self-awareness and introduce students to practical strategies manage stress and cope effectively. The following areas will be discussed:
- What is stress? Is stress always a bad thing?
- What are the sources of my stress?
- How can I recognize the symptoms of stress?
- What are some practical strategies to cope with stress effectively?
- Learning to identify and change unhelpful thoughts
- Simple relaxation techniques
- Problem-solving skills
- Why is self-care important?