Workplace Mental Health Talks
Turning Differences into Strength (2hrs)
Positive workplace relationships are important because people need to interact in ways necessary to get their jobs done. Social intelligence is a competency that we can all develop to better engage others.
From this workshop, the participant becomes perceptive, confident and comfortable in his or her interactions with colleagues. They experience less work stress and develop his or her social intelligence to support others.
In this interactive session, participants will
• Increase self-awareness and awareness of others
• Understand the difference in perception among people and how perception affects reality and results.
• Understand the concept of personality types and how it affects behaviour and interactions
• Better appreciation of the value of individual differences and diversity
• Ability to anticipate the behaviours and reactions of others
Winning a Thousand Battles – with more Effective Conflict Management (1hr)
Before we can manage others well, we have to first understand and manage ourselves. We also need to appreciate the differences among us.
There is practical application through role-plays, interactive discussions and case studies to help participants learn how to develop a flexible approach to their communication styles and behaviour, anticipate the reactions of others, accommodate and appreciate the qualities of others – rather than focusing on the gap in opinions and views.
- Learn the preferred communication style of each behavioural preference
- Adjust your own communication style to get the message across
- Understand how behavioural changes as one progresses in the corporate ladder
- Decide on your own focus area for development
Emotional Intelligence: The Key to Personal and Professional Excellence! (1hr)
Emotional Intelligence (EI), a set of skills that help us perceive, understand and manage emotion, is a strong predictor of the level of success one can achieve in life. Studies have shown that an individual’s EI, instead of IQ, is a better indicator of success, mental and physical wellness, attainment of personal goals, as well as overall happiness.
This workshop aims to help professionals develop the skills of emotional intelligence, including self-awareness, empathy, and emotional management.
The following topics will be discussed:
- What is emotional intelligence?
- Benefits of emotional intelligence
- Dimensions of emotional intelligence
- Understanding my own emotions
- Relationship between thoughts, emotions and behaviours
- Strategies to manage difficult emotions
- Role of empathy and trust in relationships
- How to develop and show empathy
Discovering and Utilizing the Keys to Happiness (1hr)
Most of us want to be happy and live a satisfying life. However, many people frequently are overwhelmed with negative emotions and do not seem to be able to overcome the stress associated with daily life.
What would life be like if, instead of feeling negative and stressed, we felt more positive, engaged and resilient?
How can we experience more happiness and inner peace in our lives?
In this workshop, participants will discover the keys to increase their happiness and life satisfaction on a daily basis.
The following areas will be explored:
- What is happiness?
- How does happiness relate to life satisfaction?
- Habits of a happy person
- Creating a happy mind
Effective Stress Management for a Happy Work-Life Balance (1hr)
Stress is a normal reaction to the demands of everyday life. A certain amount of stress can be beneficial, as it may motivate us to get through situations such as work deadlines. However, if stress lasts too long or is excessive, it can have negative effects on our physical and psychological well-being.
While some stress is normal and even positive, excessive levels of stress can negatively affect a teen’s physical, social and emotional well-being.
The good news is that stress can be managed in various ways. In this interactive and experiential workshop, participants will learn practical tools to manage their stress better. The following areas will be discussed:
- What is stress? Is stress always bad?
- Identifying the sources of my stress
- Recognizing the symptoms of stress
- Helpful tools to cope with stress effectively
- Identifying and challenging cognitive distortions
- Deep breathing
- Progressive muscle relaxation
- Problem-solving skills
- Importance of self-care
- When and how to seek professional support
Mental Wellness First Aid: Understanding and Managing Anxiety (1hr)
In this interactive and educational session, the following topics will be discussed:
- What is anxiety?
- When does anxiety become a disorder?
- Symptoms of anxiety disorders
- Types of anxiety disorders
- Risk factors of anxiety disorders
- Self-help tips for managing anxiety
- How can we support or help someone who experiences anxiety?
- When and how can we seek professional help?
Becoming an Overcomer: Moving Beyond Setbacks in Life (1hr)
Why do some people bounce back from life difficulties while others crumble under adversity? The individuals who thrive and bounce back from life difficulties use the skills of resilience.
The skills of resilience can be learned. This interactive and experiential workshop aims to introduce participants to various strategies that can help develop resilience. The following areas will be discussed:
- What is resilience?
- Why do some people bounce back from life difficulties? Why do others crumble under adversity?
- What are my signature strengths?
- How can I develop positive thought patterns?
- Do “failures” define me?
- How can I reframe negative events?
Make Time, Not Waste Time, for the Busy Executive (1hr)
Many of us have more demands on our time and attention today, as compared to before. Social media, work, friends, and family responsibilities are some of the many demands that occupy our time. However, many individuals struggle with how to manage their time effectively, resulting in anxiety and stress when they are unable to complete their tasks. With their “to-do” lists growing longer, applying effective time management skills can help individuals get more organized and increase productivity.
In this interactive workshop, participants will increase self-awareness of their usage of time. Importantly, they will also be equipped with simple but helpful time management techniques. The following topics will be discussed:
- Auditing my time
- How can I eliminate wasted time?
- Overcoming procrastination
- Setting clear priorities
- The 80/20 Rule
- How can I leverage the power of time?
Connecting with “Difficult” People: Is It Possible? (1hr)
Very often, many of us encounter unreasonable or “difficult” people in our lives, including at the workplace. Interactions with these challenging individuals may frequently result in frustration, stress and tension which can negatively impact our mood and motivation levels.
This interactive session aims to introduce participants to practical strategies to help them manage difficult behaviours at the workplace more effectively. The following areas will be discussed:
- What are some common difficult behaviours at the workplace?
- Why do negative people behave the way they do?
- How can I manage my own emotions when interacting with people who are difficult?
- What are some effective strategies to develop better relationships with these individuals?